Transacts food and drink orders at POS in person and by phone. Suggestively sells drinks, appetizers, entrees and desserts in an outgoing, friendly and timely manner so as to “WOW” our Guests. Responsible for accurate cash handling. Packs TOGO and catering orders. Performs side duties including, but not limited to: answering the phone, opening doors, cleaning work stations, expediting orders and running food. Stocks TOGO area and packages orders. Follows TOGO packaging absolutes. Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Interacts verbally with all Guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere. Greets Guests, explains signature items, tours the Guest through the menu using concise and articulate language; listens and responds to questions.
- Suggestively sells appetizer, entree and dessert menu items by offering specifics and using descriptive mouth watering adjectives when describing each item.
- Understands and accurately uses the P.O.S. (point of sale) system to clock-in/out, to process/input orders and complete end of shift procedures.
- Takes phone orders accurately. Answers phone within 3 rings in a pleasant, professional, and friendly fashion. Accurately packs and reviews orders.
- Completes assigned cleaning duties including emptying trashcans and verifying and maintaining clean restrooms every 30 minutes.
- Restocks service items as needed, (i.e., glasses, ice, etc.) and cleans areas as needed. Sets up work station, cleans, stocks, and restocks workstations.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- Previous server or restaurant experience preferred
- Reading, writing, basic math and superior communication skills required
- Understanding of federal, state, and local liquor laws
- Professional communications skills are required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure o Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Handles multiple priorities; work under stress and exercise good judgment
Job number: 621498
Category: Restaurant Crew
Location: CO, Grand Junction, 2440 I-70 Business Loop