Primary Responsibilities: To serve and suggestively sell drinks appetizers, entrees and desserts in an outgoing, friendly and timely manner so as to “WOW” our guests.
Secondary Responsibilities: To perform side duties including, but not limited to, answering the phone, bussing tables, washing dishes, expediting orders or running food. In short, whatever it takes to support our team.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Greets guests, explains signature items, tours the guest through the menu using concise and articulate language; listens and responds to questions.
- Suggestively sells and upgrades drink (specialty, premium and call brands), appetizer, entree and dessert menu items by offering specifics and using descriptive mouth watering adjectives when describing each item.
- Interacts verbally with all guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere.
- Understands and uses the P.O.S. (point of sale) system to clock-in/out and to process/input orders.
- Observes guests, practices the two-bite/two minute check back to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Presents guest check to each table and accepts a form of payment. Makes correct change and/or completes the proper charge card procedure in a timely manner.
- Practices teamwork by assisting other servers by running food, greeting other tables, pre-bussing, refilling beverages, and providing assistance to other tables when necessary.
- Understands the role of serving alcohol responsibly, knows legal drinking age and the proper procedures for requesting identification. Cards anyone who appears to be 30 years of age or younger. Monitors guests who are drinking alcohol using the traffic light system. Keeps the MOD informed of anyone who may be intoxicated or reaching the point of intoxication.
- Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off of the floor and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant.
- Transports plates, glasses and baskets to and from dining room, service bar, and the kitchen.
- Reading, writing, basic math and superior communication skills required.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Transports glass racks and cases up to 25 pounds (such as a case of beer).
- Handles multiple priorities; work under stress and exercise good judgment. Communicates with guests demonstrating confidence; encourages the guest to feel relaxed, comfortable and special.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to eight (8) hours in length. Must have good sense of balance, be able to bend and kneel and have the ability to lift and bus pans, and trays frequently weighing 25 pounds.
Job number: 670220
Category: Restaurant Crew
Location: CO, Denver, 8101 East Belleview Ave